As I mentioned in a previous post, I’m studying Design Patterns using the Head First Design Patterns book from O’Reilly. As part of this learning process I’m working through the existing examples written in Java and recreating them in Delphi. This is the first of many posts, hopefully, that are the result of that learning process. This first post in the series is simply a list of known [ones I’ve found] resources on Design Patterns in Delphi.
I don’t plan on teaching you design patterns as that would be quite presumptuous of me, considering I’m just a student of them myself. I do intend on providing you with an overview of what I’ve learned and any/all the resources I’ve used to learn the pattern at hand. As indicated, the primary resource will be the Head First Design Patterns book mentioned above. There are numerous other books available on the topic but this is the one I have and will be using.
I would like to point out that there are a number of resource out there, readily available, defining these patterns in Delphi. I’ve listed all the ones I have found so far below. In future posts I plan on providing an Additional Resources section at the end of each post –but- it’ll be just the resources I used to learn that particular pattern.
If you’re a guru at Design Patterns, please feel free to leave additional suggested titles and other applicable comments in the area provided below. Any links to additional resources dealing with Design Patterns in Delphi, that I’ve missed, will be thoroughly appreciated and of significant assistance.
What I’ve Found:
- In the BorCon 2004: Delphi Programming Tracks you’ll find:
- [No 3198] More Design Patterns in Delphi a paper by Jim Cooper, and
- [No 6202] Programming with Purpose Series: Understanding and Using Patterns by Paul Gustavson of SimVentions Inc.
- In the Borcon 2005 [Video – Downloads] you’ll find a links to:
- Design Patterns in Delphi by TeamB member Joanna Carter,
- Introduction to Design Patterns in Delphi presented by James Heyworth
[to the Canberra PC Users Group Delphi SIG on 11/11/1996]
- Design Patterns in Delphi on Delphi.About.com
- Design Pattern work by Felix Colibri
- Pattern Explorer by Michael Beck
(create and catalog various software development Design Patterns)
Can’t find it but it sounds like a lot of fun.
- Design Patterns at SourceMaking.com
[the above is a very good spot]
What Others Have Added:
Looking forward to getting into Design Patterns in Delphi.
Thanks for stopping by …